Additional Coverage Options Are:
- Employee Benefits Liability Coverages
- Employers Liability Insurance Stop Gap Aupplement
- Additional Insured Endorsements
For standard transportation business operations the basic policy is usually sufficient coverage. If your operations include fuel tanks on your premises then it is wise to include a limited form of pollution coverage. For freight forwarders or custom house operations a form of professional liability coverage may be appropriate.
Significant policy conditions are contained within this policy that must be reviewed with your insurance broker to make sure there are no gaps in protecting your operations.
Policy limits run from $300,000 on up; however, the usual policy limit sets each occurrence at $1mm and a policy aggregate of $2mm. Higher limits are available as necessary for your particular need.
General Liability insurance is the first major layer of protection for claims of bodily injury or property damage against your business. General Liability covers you, but it also covers many others involved in your business, such as:
- If you have a joint venture or partnership, all of your partners, members and their spouses are protected if they are sued for something they do in an official capacity related to your business.
- If your business is a corporation, your policy covers all of your business executive officers, stockholders and directors while they are acting in their official capacities.
- If you have subsidiaries, your policy liability coverage extends to any subsidiary where you own at least 50 percent of the stock.
- Your employees are also protected from claims that result from actions they take in their capacity as employees.
- If you have a written agreement to indemnify a person or organization, such as a vendor, that person or organization would be protected against liability claims for property damage or bodily injury as a result of selling or distributing your products.
- Anyone legally associated with your business, including volunteers working under your direction, are covered for liabilities that result from the work they do for you, and for the use or maintenance of your property that is in their care.