What does Commercial General Liability Insurance cover?
Commercial General Liability Insurance offers some of the broadest business insurance coverage available today. It can be included in a Business Owner’s Policy and is available as stand-alone coverage. Here are a few of the risks a business could face that Commercial General Liability can help protect against:
- Bodily injury or property damage – Helps protect against certain claims businesses for claims alleging financial loss due to property damage or bodily injury arising out of your business operations or products.
- Reputational harm – Helps protect against certain claims of false arrest, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, wrongful eviction, violation of the right of privacy and more.
- Advertising errors – Helps protect against certain claims your business if others claim you infringed on their copyrights when advertising goods, products, or services in your advertisement.
- Medical payments – Helps protect against certain claims medical costs if someone is injured on business premises and needs medical treatment.
- Damage to premises rented to you – Helps protect against certain claims businesses for damage to premises rented to you due to fire, lightning or explosion.