Professional liability insurance, also called errors and omissions insurance (E & O insurance), protects your business if you are sued for negligently performing your services, even if you haven't made a mistake. Depending on your profession, you may be required by your state government to carry such a policy. For example, physicians are required to purchase malpractice insurance as a condition of practicing in certain states>
You should seriously consider this coverage if your business:
- Provides a professional service.
- Regularly gives advice to clients.
- Is requested by a client to have professional liability insurance to complete a contract.
What is covered under Professional Liability insurance Policy?
- Alleged or actual negligence - Professional liability insurance coverage protects your business against errors and omissions, actual or alleged, which occur while providing your professional services. This includes giving incorrect advice, an omission, or failing to deliver your service.
- Defense costs - Our job is simple: to be there for you when you need us. When a covered claim is reported, we’ll immediately defend you. We’ll also appoint an attorney if necessary, even if the claim is groundless.
- Personal injury (e.g., libel or slander) - Your professional liability insurance coverage will protect you against both libel and slander if committed as part of your professional services.
- Copyright infringement
- Worldwide coverage
- Temporary staff and independent contractors - Your professional liability insurance coverage protects you from claims arising from services done by your employees, temporary staff and independent contractors.
- Claims arising from services provided in the past
- Claims and damages - The best-case scenario is to prepare for the worst-case scenario. If you lose a large claim, the costs associated could close your business. Your professional liability insurance policy covers claims for damages, including up to $250,000 of punitive damages where allowed by law.
Professional Liability does not cover:
- Bodily injury or property damage
- Fraudulent acts
- Employment matters
- False advertising
- Patents and trade secrets
- Personally identifiable information
- Other services
Call us at 1866-806-9777 to Get a Free Quote
*Coverages may vary by state and by insured business. Consult your InsureMart Inc. agent about coverages you may need for your unique situation. Coverage descriptions above are for general information only. Actual coverage is subject to all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy.