Motor Truck Cargo Insurance - Provides coverage for loss or damage to the load you’re hauling. InsureMart Inc represents multiple carriers and can provide broadened cargo insurance for motor carriers who are transporting covered cargo under a bill of lading or shipping receipt.
Some of the Cargo polices will include:
- Coverage for unrecoverable freight charges after a loss.
- Coverage for loss recovery expenses.
- Coverage for cleanup and pollution removal expenses up to $10,000.
- Single deductible for Truck, Tractor, Trailer and Cargo. Highest deductible will apply
Cargo coverage varies widely among carriers and is notable for what is not covered or what restricts your coverage. Below are features of some of the cargo polices we sell.
Some of our carriers will NOT exclude:
- Alcohol products
- Cargo stored more than 72 hours, unless part of your tariffs or carriage contract
- Consumer electronics
- Marring, scratching, packing, and rough handling, unless shipper error
- Wet loads
- Mysterious disappearance or pilferage
- Voluntary parting with the cargo by fraud or trick
- Refrigeration breakdown, failure to fuel, or maintenance of refrigeration equipment
Some of our carriers will NOT warrant or mandate the following:
- Cargo be attended at all times
- A coinsurance penalty for underinsurance
- A locked vehicle warranty
- An equipment maintenance warranty
- A tarped load warranty
- Reduced limits for certain commodities
This is a partial list of problems you can avoid by insuring through InsureMart Inc. We can also help by arranging for very high limits for certain loads. Once we know your normal cargo exposures and any special coverage or limit needs, we can tailor a custom program for you.
Call us at 1866-806-9777 to Get a Free Quote
*Coverages may vary by state and by insured business. Consult your InsureMart Inc. agent about coverages you may need for your unique situation. Coverage descriptions above are for general information only. Actual coverage is subject to all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy.